Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Year's Eve 2017

Can ya believe its the 12th day of the year! gosh I really want this year to go slowly, not as fast as 2016, which went by in a blink. So much to share with you but first pix of our NYE party where we hosted an intimate dinner with our closest friends, ate the amazing food prepared by the Cuisine Queen, burned the Old Man and rang in the new year with much joy & happiness.

Since the food was being prepared by my friend I spent the time decorating the dining table, something I love to do.

I used cedar sprigs from our trees, our cast iron candle sticks, these beautiful orange candles I picked up at a garage sale and sprinkled in some spare gold ornaments. Aaliyah painted the place cards in gold and since we didn't want to designate who sat where, she just painted a New Years greeting on each. 






Our welcome drink was called 'A Tuscan Holiday' and it is one Debbie Travis presented on TV one morning. Its my signature thing - a welcome drink ! It always makes our guests feel special and welcome.
The amazing food was prepared by my dear friend and doppelganger Cecilia Frank. Below is a cheese & bacon dip with roasted peppers, jumpo prawns on skewers and sushi rice. She turns food into art and all we do is stare, drool and act like starved cavemen when it comes on the table. 



Dessert was a new recipe I tried - Lemon Possets which turned out fabulous and will be my signature dessert now! 


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 FOLKS !!!
Wishing you an abundance of joy, happiness and all you wish for to come true! A new year is such a promising thing, new beginnings, a fresh start, a chance to start over.............I hope you achieve everything you want this year and more. 

Big Hugs

Dhiraj & Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...